“Depends. Do I get the job? Because if I don’t, you suck. If I do, I heart you. No, I’m just kidding. You’re aces dawg. You are, without a doubt, the single greatest interviewer on the planet. They should erect monuments dedicated to your interview prowess. You, sir, are a god among question askers and answer takers.”
Job interviewers are constantly trying to throw you off your game. One of the best questions to get you scrambling for an answer is “How would you rate me as an interviewer?” The answer is not as simple as it seems.
How to Answer
You don’t want to suck up. The interviewer is expecting you to suck up. They expect you to say “You’re the bees knees” and hope that by sucking up you get the job. They’ve interviewed many candidates. Do you really think candidates ever say anything bad?
However, you also don’t want to be negative, and you don’t want to be critical. Interviewers have egos too, and even a slight criticism can harm your interview. The best way to answer is to pick out qualities of the interview and compliment them, keeping the focus away from “you are perfect” and instead on “you do this, this, and this really well.”
“Perfect ten. This has been a wonderful experience. Every question has been fantastic and you have been nothing but friendly and personable.”
“It’s clear that every question you ask has a purpose, which tells me that it is important to you that the interview is productive. You have also asked some very in depth questions which tells me that your interviews often lead to the hiring of capable candidates with excellent job experience, something that I can appreciate as an applicant, knowing that my coworkers will be competent workers.”
Focus on the aspects of the interviewer that are good, but don’t focus on the interviewer as a person, or the interview as an entity (such as, “this interview has gone well”). If you do that, your answer will be very good.
Take Away Interview Tips
- Focus on aspects of the interview that have been productive.
- Compliment the aspects, not the interviewer or the interview.
- Stupid Interview Question – How Would You Rate Me As An Interviewer?
- Difficult Interview Question – Why Have You Been Out Of Work?
- Difficult Interview Question: What Would You Most Like to Improve About Yourself?
- Difficult Interview Question: If We Don’t Offer You the Job, Why Do You Think That Would Be?
- Difficult Interview Question: Do You Know Any Foreign Languages?