In case you were not aware, company research is important. Lots and lots and lots of it. Know more about the company than some of the staff do, because you will be tested on that knowledge in your interview, and you need to be able to answer accordingly.
How to Answer
If you are asked what you know about the products, it is not an opportunity to list off the products that they offer. They know what products they offer. They don’t want to hear you simply recite a list or give a brief explanation of what it does. They want to know that you actually have knowledge. So what you should talk about are at least one of the following:
- The products/changes currently under development.
- The effects of their products on the market or on the consumer.
- Awards and figures about products.
- How current, past, and future products represent the values of the company.
Make sure you talk about things that other applicants are less likely to discuss, focusing your answer on more than just a list of the products or a brief explanation of what they do.
“Your current products are the SurverySoft App and the SurveySoft Messenger. Both are designed to make research easier.”
“Forbes called the SurveySoft App the “next generation enterprise market research software,” beating out the QuestionAir app in both functionality and ease of use. Also, the SurveySoft Messenger is currently being upgraded to include Apple products, so that researchers across the globe can utilize instant market research surveying and analytics. I also read that you are in the process of developing a comprehensive analysis tool to complement your data collection products. Is that still in development?”
Here you show a lot more knowledge, and even insight into the future of the company. Asking a question at the end is a good way to finish the answer if you cannot come up with a more powerful ending.
Take Away Interview Tips
- Research the company.
- Provide more information than simply a list of products and their basic purpose.
- Common Interview Question – What Interests You About Our Products or Services?
- Interesting Interview Question: Name One Negative Thing You Have Heard About Our Products
- Common Interview Question – What Do You Know About Our Company?
- Common Interview Question: Why Do You Want to Become Part of Our Team?
- Common Interview Question: What is Your Ideal Company?