The questions you are asked at job interviews are not random. All interview questions and answers are designed to get information about your qualifications, your character, and/or your drive. If the interviewer asks the question, chances are it is to learn something about you.
Interview Question – What Do You Know About Our Company?
When most people are asked about what the applicant knows about the company, they believe the question is simply a pretext to allow the employer to start explaining what the company does. However, even though it may appear that this question is rhetorical, it absolutely is not. In fact, this may be one of the most important questions for you to answer accurately.
Interview Preparation Strategy
Before any job interview, you should learn as much as you can about the company you are interviewing for. You should learn their products, their services, their history and their vision. It is vital that you are informed about what the company offers. You need to have an answer for this interview question.
When the employer asks you “What do you know about the company” the worst answer you can provide is “Not a lot.” They are not looking for an opportunity to tell you about their company. They are looking to see that you know what their company brings to the corporate table.
You need to have an answer. By answering this question adequately, you will show the company:
- You chose the company for its products and services, and not just because it had a position open.
- You took time out of your day to research the company.
- You are smart enough to understand what you researched.
These are very important. They say a lot about your character, your ability to complete work on your own, and your commitment to getting the job with their organization.
Always research the company before your job interview, so that you can answer any questions about your company knowledge with ease.
Take Away Interview Tips
- Thoroughly research the company before you interview with them.
- Common Interview Question: What is Your Ideal Company?
- Common Interview Question – What Do You Bring to the Company?
- Standard Interview Question – Are You Willing to Put the Interests of the Company Ahead of Your Own?
- Common Interview Question – What Do You Consider Your Greatest Achievement?
- Common Job Interview Question – How Do You Handle Change?