During your job interview, you will often experience some interview questions that are difficult to answer. You will be asked questions about things that you dislike. You will be asked questions about your personality. You will be asked questions about your qualifications. All of these can be difficult to answer in a way that makes you sound like a qualified candidate.
You will also be asked some questions that are so easy to answer it is almost ridiculous. One of those questions is about how you handle criticism.
Question – Do You Handle Criticism Well?
Yes. Yes you do. Even if you cry at night in the fetal position holding your favorite teddy bear anytime someone criticizes your work, as far as the interviewer is concerned, you handle criticism extremely well, and your answer should always be “yes.”
There are times where it is important that you tell the truth during your interview. This is not one of those times. No one loves criticism, because criticism implies a mistake was made, and no one likes to make mistakes. Yet when you answer this question, it is important that you always answer an emphatic “yes.”
“Criticism? By golly I love criticism! I wish I could have a big bowl of criticism every day.”
Your Actual Answer
Okay, maybe that will not be your answer word for word, but you should answer in a way that tells the employer you are able to handle criticism well. A quality answer will sound something like this:
“I welcome criticism as an opportunity to learn, because if there are ways to improve it is important that I am made aware of them for the future.”
If you are asked about how well you handle criticism, something like that should be your answer. Your answer should always be a confident yes, and you should expand your answer if possible to include something that reflects highly on your character.
Take Away Interview tips
- Always answer questions about your ability to handle criticism in the affirmative.
- Common Job Interview Question – How Do You Handle Change?
- Common Interview Question – How Do You Handle Repetitive Tasks?
- Interview Question: How Well Do You Handle Pressure?
- Uncommon Interview Question: When You Find Yourself Under a Tight Deadline, What Do You Do to Handle the Stress
- Deadline Interview Question Number 2 – How Do You Handle Deadlines for Multiple Assignments