Marketing is a cutthroat career choice. You cannot go into marketing worrying about the consumer. You cannot go into marketing feeling bad that you were able to convince someone to buy a product they may not need. The goal of marketing is to get as many people as you can in a target market to want to buy your product over all of the competition, and the only way to do this effectively is if you are ready to do whatever it takes to get the company to succeed.
Marketing interviews are going to test your marketing spirit, in addition to your knowledge, your visions, and your ability to make decisions in the field. Below are 15 common marketing interview questions that you may face in during your marketing job interview.
Sample Marketing Job Interview Questions
- What do you know about our target market?
- How do you generate your marketing plans?
- What do you use to find out if your marketing plan is working?
- What marketing strategies do you consider most successful for our product?
- How and when do you evaluate your marketing campaigns?
- What do you consider the 5 most important aspects of successful marketing?
- Describe a marketing strategy that failed.
- Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision about a marketing strategy?
- How do you feel about PPC advertising?
- Do you subscribe to a particular marketing belief or methodology?
- How do you prefer to distribute and manage information?
- How important do you feel it is to communicate with the sales team?
- Describe your most successful marketing campaign?
- What do you believe are the biggest issues that might affect our business?
- How would you market our products if you were put on a severely limited budget?
The posts below may help you develop your answers to these common marketing interview questions. Each post contains either a prepared answer or a step by step guide to help you develop an answer.
Coming Up With Your Own Marketing Interview Questions
The above list represents only a small sample of marketing job interview questions. There are thousands of possible marketing questions based on the types of marketing the company already implements, the types that are affected by its products and its competitors, the cost of the product and the budget available for marketing the product. Use the information you have gathered during the company research phase to come up with possible questions that you may face at your marketing job interview.
See Also: Marketing Job Interview Preparation