Perhaps no job is as rewarding as working in the healthcare field. You get an opportunity to help heal the sick while also earning a paycheck. There is no job within healthcare that isn’t vital for the success of the company/organization. Even the snack cart pushers play an important role, which makes the job both rewarding and appreciated.
Because healthcare is such an in demand field, there is a lot of competition. If you want to beat out that competition, you need to learn how to answer some of the most common healthcare interview questions. Below are fifteen different interview questions that are common in the healthcare field.
Sample Health Care Interview Questions
- Why did you choose to work in the [medical field] profession?
- Is the expanding role of nurses a benefit or a danger to the medical profession?
- In what ways do you take the Hippocratic oath to heart?
- There is a patient that is verbally abusive. What do you do?
- What skills have you learned that you feel will help you work in the healthcare field?
- How confident are you in your interpersonal skills?
- Are you comfortable around people with serious illnesses?
- Are you comfortable with the idea that you might see death?
- How are you at dealing with diverse populations?
- Is there any population that you refuse to work with?
- Often times we will need you to be on call at all hours of the day. Can you handle that?
- What made you decide to go into healthcare instead of the corporate world?
- How well do you handle pressure?
- You are told by a supervisor to do something illegal. What do you do?
- What impact do you hope to make in the field?
- How do you feel your education has prepared you to work in the healthcare field?
Specific Healthcare Jobs
Part of your preparation must involve looking for specific questions related to the career. Doctors are going to have different interview questions than nurses, that will have different questions than medical billings specialists. Your education and experience can be used to prepare additional questions that will help you get the role.
Take Away Interview Tips
- Be prepared for healthcare specific interview questions.